By Stephen Judd
One of the most fulfilling roles at Tupelo Children's Mansion is serving as a Residential Mentor (formerly called a "houseparent"). While the work is challenging, the rewards are immeasurable.
Residential Mentors provide healthy, happy and nurturing home environments for our children at the Mansion, and are responsible for teaching social and independent living skills, as well as providing assistance with homework, self-esteem building, and spiritual and moral guidance.
- Burden and love for children
- Single or married
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Driver's license and good driving record
- High school diploma required (college degree in a human services related field preferred, but not necessary).
- Child care or parenting experience a plus, but not necessary
- Must be teachable and have common sense
- Includes salary, housing, food, and other benefits
Would you, or someone you know, be interested in joining us in this special mission?
Both short term (6 to 18 months) and longer term opportunities for service are available.
For more information, or an employment application, please contact Edwin Judd, Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 662.791.7708.